The Powerspark Rover V8 electronic ignition conversion kit to replace the later set of points in rover 3.5l and 3.9l distributors.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- This ignition kit will fit the later points base plate (shown on the left on the bottom image) , there are two types the early triangular plate shown on the right of the bottom image is the K3X Powerspark kit and not this K3.
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wires around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor advances.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions shown.
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil, same side as ignition feed Live.
Powerspark Blackwire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
To purchase please click add to cart below
If you have a Ex-military vehicle or 24 Volt vehicle please click add to cart below
If you have the early plate on the right please purchase the K3X Pre 1976 Early Rover V8 ignition kit
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : [email protected]