The Powerspark 18D2 Lucas 2 Cylinder distributor ignition kit gives increased durability and performance over the traditional points system. Usually fitted to classic twin cylinder motor bikes such as the Triumph 3TA & 350, Norton 88, 99 & Matchless & Royal Enfield motorbikes please refer to distributor casting number to ensure correct fitment.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- Please ensure you have an 18D2 Distributor as show below
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor on the internal base plate.
- Install new base plate and ensure screws are tight.
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on, if the ring does not slide on easily rub the inside of the trigger ring with a light sanding disc (this is rare)
- Run the wires around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Negative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only.To purchase negative earth please click add to cart below
- Positive Earth Wiring:
Remove Switchable live feed from the coil and connect directly to the powerspark white wire.
Powerspark black wire taken to coil negative.
Coil positive terminal taken to earth.To purchase positive earth please click add to cart below
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions
Call : 01527 889453
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org