The Powerspark 35D8 Lucas 8 Cylinder distributor ignition kit and powermax red rotor arm are a superb pairing giving increased durability and performance. Usually fitted to the Triumph Stag 3.0 V8 engines, please refer to distributor casting number to ensure correct fitment. This kit will replace Single and Twin point distributors.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- This ignition kit replace the single and twin points in the Triumph Stag 35D8 Distributor
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the Stag distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing points
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions shown.Neg Earth:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil, same side as ignition feed Live.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
To purchase please click add to cart below
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : email@example.com