We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- This ignition kit will fit under the points baseplate (shown on the image below) , you need to remove the baseplate and retain it along with all parts for retro fitting
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point onto the bottom plate keeping the points plate safe for retro fitting.
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Apply a few small dots of white grease onto the baseplate for good thermal contact.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions shown.
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil, same side as ignition feed Live.
Powerspark Blackwire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
If unsure please visit this website
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : [email protected]