The Powerspark 22D6 & 25D6 Lucas 6 Cylinder distributor ignition kit and powermax red rotor arm are a superb pairing giving increased durability and performance. Usually fitted to Aston Martins DB5, DB6 & DBS, Austin Healey 3000, Daimler 2.8l – 5.3l, Jaguar E-type & XJ, Mg MGC & MGC GT, & Triumph six cylinder engines please refer to distributor casting number to ensure correct fitment.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor advances.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions provided or relevant instructions, same side as the ignition feed Live.
Negative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only.
Click to purchase a negative earth kit
Positive Earth Wiring:
Powerspark white wire goes to ignition feed taken off the ignition coil and left off.
Powerspark black wire taken to coil negative.
Coil positive terminal taken to earth.
Click to purchase a positive earth kit
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions
Call : 01527 889453
Email : email@example.com
16 thoughts on “Quick look at the Powerspark Ignition Kit K1 & K1PP Lucas 22D6 & 25D6 6 Cylinder”
I purchased and just tried to kit the K1 kit in my 76 TR6. Unfortunately the base plate is way off for my distributor.. Did I miss something when i ordered it?
My first guess without looking is that you have a Delco distributor and need our K26…. Can you contact Sales@ and send an image of the distributor/points so we can help you out please?
Hi I have just fitted your “Powerspark” electronic ignition to my Triumph GT6 it has a Lucas D22 distributor. I am having a slight miss fire at the higher end of the Rev range (3500 4000rpm) how can I rectify this problem.
Thank you for your message, the issue could be a number of things however timing is the most likely. Please dynamically time the vehicle again after the install of the Powerspark for best results.
Can you explain further. I used a “Snapon” timing light (MT1261A) to set the timing @12 degrees BTDC This intermittent misfire was not present with points etc
Have you tried at that kind of revs/speed just pulling the choke out slightly?
Have just fitted kit to this distributor.
it was supplied with black & blue trigger ring, which one is correct?
both seen to work.
Please use trigger ring that fits nicely to the shaft.
Our system does not require any gaps to be set so please fit Powerspark with confidence.
I only ask as I have another ignition set up in one of my other cars and that is set with a gap e.g. like points ….
Certainly not touching no but when you say “set them” you should be simply installing only and there will be no movement if installed in the correct distributor.
So I set them as closed e.g. touching
What gap is this set at as I’m having problems
Thank you for your email.
Regarding the proximity of the kit to the trigger ring this is set automatically when the kit is installed by design.
If you have an issue please come through to us on our technical helpline 01527 889 453
Thank you for choosing Powerspark Ignition