The Powerspark FoMoCo (Ford Motor Craft) 4 cylinder ignition kit to replace left hand & right hand points as fitted to Pre X flow and X flow engines as fitted to Ford Anglia, Capri, Cortina & Escort, Morgans fitted with the 1600 X Flow engine & Caterham cars fitted with the 1600 X Flow engine
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- There are two plates supplied with ignition kit to cover Left hand point sets and Right hand point sets (see image below)
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor advances.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring the
- Negative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only.
To Purchase the negative earth ignition kit please click add to cart.
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : [email protected]