Our Newly developed ignition kit to fit Lucas DM2 Early and Late distributors as well as the more common Lucas 23D4 & 25D4 distributors this ignition kits covers most of the British made cars from 1955 through to 1974 please ensure you have checked your distributor casting number.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions provided or relevant instructions, same side as the ignition feed Live.
Negative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only.
To Purchase the Negative earth version of this kit please click add to cart below
Positive Earth Wiring:
Powerspark white wire goes to ignition feed taken off the ignition coil and left off
Powerspark black wire taken to coil negative
Coil earth terminal taken to earth
To Purchase the Positive earth version of this kit please click add to cart below
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : email@example.com
2 thoughts on “Quick look at the Powerspark Ignition Kit K2 Lucas DM2 Early & Late, Lucas 23D4 & 25D4 – 4 Cylinder”
do I need to reset ignition timing
Yes we recommend resetting the timing after any component change of the ignition just to be accurate at all times.