The Powerspark 20D8 Lucas 8 Cylinder distributor ignition kit. Usually fitted to Bentley 3 Series and T Series, Daimler 250, Dart V8, Majestic Major SP250 & Rolls Royce Phantom, Silver Shadow & Silver Cloud 3 is designed as a simple points replacement electronic ignition system.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- This ignition kit replace the twin points 20D8 Distributor with one simple ignition kit.
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing points
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions shown.
Currently this ignition kit is only supplied in negative earth.
Neg Earth wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil, same side as ignition feed Live.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
To purchase the ignition kit please click add to cart
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org