The powerspark electronic ignition conversion kit to replace twin points and condensers 6 Cylinder Delco distributors with a 3 lobe cam as fitted to Rolls Royce Silver Dawn, Silver Cloud & Silver Wraith MK1 & Bentley S1, R-type or MK6.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
Notes for this kit:
On the Bentley MK6 there is a riser plate that may be needed (supplied upon request)
Negative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only.
To purchase the Negative earth kit please click add to cart below
Positive Earth Wiring:
Remove Switchable live feed from the coil and connect directly to the powerspark white wire.
Powerspark black wire taken to coil negative.
Coil positive terminal taken to earth.
To purchase the Positive earth kit please click add to cart below
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org