The Powerspark 45D4 & 45D6 Lucas distributor ignition kit and powermax red rotor arm are a superb pairing giving increased durability and performance. Usually fitted to Aston Martins, Austin Healeys, Austins, Daimler’s, Jaguars, Mg’s, Triumphs, Minis, Hillmans and many more please refer to distributor casting number to ensure correct fitment.
We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
- If you have the 59D4 distributor you may have to remove the post from the plate see image below
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring you follow the instructions provided or relevant instructions, same side as the ignition feed LiveNegative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only
To Purchase the 45D4 Ignition kit please click add to cart below.
To Purchase the 45D6 Ignition kit please click add to cart below.
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “Quick look at the Powerspark Ignition Kit K4 Lucas 43D4 45D4 59D4 4 Cylinder and K7 45D 6 cylinder”
This is more likely to be that the distributor was timed 180 previously (especially on a Mini) and the unit supplied is correctly timed. It can be confirmed if we compare the units with ours in stock but you can switch the HT leads around so that the firing order is corrected.