We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- Please ensure you are using a Low resistance coil with less than 1.5 OHMS such as LUCAS DLB198 or POWERSPARK CE
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the points and condenser from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor advances.
- Connect the Ignition kit to the ignition coil ensuring the
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Blackwire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
- Make sure your live ignition feed to the coil is on the positive terminal only.
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : [email protected]