We recommend using silicon HT leads with electronic ignition ONLY
Using copper HT leads without resistors can cause premature failures to any electronic ignition and this can void your warranty.
Pre Installation Checks
- Please ensure you have a negative earth car if you have the negative earth kit and vice versa.
- If your car has a Ballast ignition you are running a Ballast ignition coil such as a Lucas DLB110
- Ensure there is a good earth to the distributor, ignition kit and ignition coil.
- The Powerspark kit will operate on 6 volt or 12 volt Applications.
- Make sure any Live wires are to the correct side of the coil e.g. auto choke
Installing the Ignition Kit
- Remove the twin points and condensers from the distributor.
- Check earth wire to ensure it is in good condition and not frayed or broken (replace if needed).
- Place trigger ring over the central shaft ensuring a tight fitment do not force the trigger on.
- Install the ignition kit using your old screw fixing point
- Run the wire around the back of the kit making sure they won’t snag when the distributor rotates.
- Negative Earth Wiring:
Powerspark red wire goes to Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) on ignition coil.
Powerspark Black wire goes to Negative (- VE, CB, or 1) on ignition coil.
1 Switchable live to the Positive (+ VE, SW, or 15) side of the coil only.
Please Contact Powerspark Ignition LTD if you have any questions or are unsure about anything
Call : 01527 889453
Email : email@example.com